Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Fall Schedule, Class Fee & Charity

Beginning Monday, August 16th new Fall schedule begins:

CrossFit 540 in Springdale:
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday MORNINGS @ 8:30 
Tuesday & Thursday  @ 6 p.m.

YogaStory in Bentonville:
Monday & Wednesday @ 5:45 p.m. and 7 p.m.

 ***New Suggested Class Fee $10 or $5 for students***

Every time you attend one of my classes, either in Springdale or Bentonville, you are also supporting Global Village Education Foundation (GVEF) and their work with Glory Preparatory Academy in Machakos, Kenya.  Below is an excerpt from an email I received yesterday from the GVEF team who are in Machakos right now:

..."We still have work to do but it seems the community is really beginning to understand the sustainability approach and that this project is theirs and that means work and responsibility.  They are having their own fundraiser now and although an entire days work may raise only 35 U.S. dollars, that is remarkable for this population that is very poor.....The new van is such a huge financial accomplishment and we will experience a dramatic drop in operating expenses next month.  But really the thing that has me so grateful is the status of the school.  The scores are going up.  Last summer we made huge progress and the teachers have proven that they are working very hard.  Matthew Kyalo (the Head Teacher/Proprietor) has finished his Masters Degree in Education....when I get back, I will work toward getting a team of educators that can come to Kenya as soon as possible to implement the new program (Montessori Method)....My love to you all and thank you for all of your help and support. - Tracy"

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to teach you & I ask for your patience as I continue to try to get everything switched to YogaGypsyOnline.com rather than theNWAYogaProject.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  You can always email me at terihegi@gmail.com with your comments or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment