Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

join the vinyasa conspiracy

I wish the president would come to my class.  I wish I could put congress in down dog.  That's not likely to happen.  I don't know how to fix what's wrong with the government but I'm pretty sure yoga would help....especially vinyasa.

In a vinyasa yoga class we breathe as a group.  Sometimes it sounds like one big lung in the room.  I've often said in class, "If you can't hear your neighbor breathe....breathe louder.  Encourage them with your breath."  

'Inspire' means to breathe.  'Conspire' means to breathe together.  This harmony of breath strengthens each of us.  Unity on the mat develops the flexibility to begin to see how we are more alike than different.  We go through the practice supporting each other and come out with a common ground of experience.

New studios are popping up everywhere because yoga WORKS.  

A consistent yoga practice relieves stress and helps people live more balanced and peaceful lives.  

A peaceful nation starts with you.  Conspire to change the world on your mat.

So, here's what I offer our country right now...If you are a government worker who isn't getting paid, come to my class for free.  I also welcome fire fighters, police officers and military personnel for $5 through the end of the year.



Namaste,
YogaGypsy





No comments:

Post a Comment