Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013


YogaGypsy Summer Begins……

Well, I’ve moved out of my apartment and in with my old college roommate….my sister!  I’m not going to be around much this summer and I need to cut down on my bills so she is graciously accommodating my ‘stuff’ while I’m gone.

On Tuesday, I leave with my daughter to go to Kenya.  When I tell people we are going, they usually ask, “What group are you going with?  Is it a mission trip?”  The answer is, “It’s just my daughter and me.  And, Yes.  It is a mission.”

The mission is to inspire and empower my girl.  She is 16 years old and our relationship hit a rough patch last year.  But after several months of counseling with an amazing therapist and lots of tears, we made it!  This trip is a celebration of our courage to love, forgive and move on.

On our trip, we will visit my friends in Machakos, Kenya who run the Glory Preparatory Academy and the Blessed Hope Orphanage.  We will play with the kids and visit the new chicken farm started by Global Village Education Foundation.  The chicken farm profits are used to help fund the Glory Prep school.

We will take a short safari in Maasai Mara at the end of our trip to enjoy the beauty of the country and its wildlife.

I’ll be back for three weeks in July and then will leave again on August 1st to go live in Big Sur, California for a month.  From August 4th through September 2nd, I will be participating in a workstudy program at the Esalen Institute. Esalen is a leading center for exploring and realizing human potential through experience, education, and research.

I’ve never been to California and I’m really excited about the opportunity.  The program I’ll participate in at Esalen is called ‘Leadership and Presence’ lead by Suzanne Durana, author of ‘Full Body Presence’.  I will work in the kitchen or housekeeping at the resort 32 hours a week and also take classes during the week and on the weekends.

Kevin will be staying with his Aunt Jennifer and his cousin dogs.  My sister’s house is for sale, so I don’t know where I’ll be when I get back.  If you’ve got an extra room, let me know!  Have a fantastic summer and block off December 4th through the 8th for a Mexico Retreat!  Details coming soon!

Namaste,
Teri
(YogaGypsy)

No comments:

Post a Comment